Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Finally some answers!

So as I said in my previous post we were in the ER Monday morning.  Well yesterday Briley seemed to be a little better so I figured by today the worst had past us.  Negative! She was up again this morning at 1:30am.  She quickly went back to sleep when I laid down with her but when we woke up again around 5:30am her temp was 103.8!!! About an hour later she threw up some sort of brownish purpleish color and again around 7:30am.  I contacted the doctor immediatly at 8am when they opened.  It seriously took them FOREVER to call me back but they finally did.  We went in around 9:45am.  Of course she knew exactly where we were and started crying when we got into our room.  Poor Thing!  They ended up having to clean her ears so that was a huge battle on top of the throat swab and 2 ear checks (1 before they cleaned them out and 1 after).  Strep was negative again but she did have a double ear infection.  They said the left ear was much worse than the right.  And it wasn't caught in the ER because it only take 12-24 hours to show up and it had been well over 48 hours since we had been.  Luckily we didn't have to do any blood work because that was the next step if her ears looked fine.  I am definatly thankful that this is our 1st ear infection ever which seems so rare these days.  I am also thankful that she was able to get a shot (again another battle) and some antibiotics so that she may start to feel some relief very soon.  I do however, hate that her 1st ear infection hit her so hard and so painful and I hope, hope, hope that is all it is.  She is so weak and she has lost almost a pound since Monday morning which just hurts my heart.  We will go back September 20th for a re-check to make sure her ears look ok.  The doctor said she will probably still run fever for a few days but she will start to feel better by tomorrow and she will get a little better each and everyday.  We are going to keep things very low key for several days to make sure she gets 100% better.  Please keep our baby in your prayers.  Thank you Lord for looking out for us during this scarey time and giving us some answers!  Get well soon Briley! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment