Thursday, September 2, 2010

90210



So I was going to make a post yesterday about the beginning of fall and then I realized that today is 9-02-10...get it?!? I am a stickler for cliches and fun dates so I think its great! For instance everytime I see the clock read 5:17 I think of my wedding date or 2:14 I think of Valentine's Day, etc.  And there is always the fun 10-10-10 we have coming up next month. I'm sure there will be alot of weddings that day even though it falls on a Sunday.  And i'm real bad about thinking "this time last year was ... or we were ..."!  Does anyone else think of these things or am I the only weird one?!? lol

Anyway, back to the original post.  September is a great month for many reasons.  For one there is FALL! It has been over-the-top hot this summer so I think everyone is ready for cooler temperatures! And of course there is football.  My husband has been counting down the days since it ended.  So I am especially happy for him and all the other football fanatics out there...GO VOLS!  And we cannot forget the beautiful colors that are about to overtake the trees!  I will especially miss driving down Old Hickory Blvd in Brentwood this fall :o(.  The trees are so gorgeous passing through Maryland Farms.  And of course there is the pumpkin patch.  I was so disappointed we didn't get to take Briley to the pumpkin patch last year.  She literally stayed sick the entire time she was in daycare and there was not one weekend last fall she was up to it.  I am extra excited to take her this year! 

9-11 is another important day.  That is the day all Americans will remember as the day 4 US airplanes were hijacked by members of Al-Qaeda.  2 planes crashed into the World Trade Center, the 3rd place into the Pentagon, and luckily the 4th plane was stopped from crashing into another D.C. building and went into a field instead.  Thousands of people lost their lives through these attacks and every life was somehow effected by this tragedy.  I was sitting in High School Biology my senior year.  It is a day I will never forget and i'm sure you won't either. 

On a lighter note...9-11 also holds more significance for me as it is the day Michael asked me to be his wife!  On 9-11-06 at my office of all places (I don't think he intended to do it on that date or location that's just how it happened) he proposed in front of my entire office.  Luckily only a few people saw it.  It was very unexpected and very sweet and I wouldn't have had it any other way.  If you know me, you know it is very hard to surprise me and he certainly succeeded!  After the proposal we went to dinner at our favorite restaurant, Ruth's Chris where he had flowers and a bride and groom figurine waiting on me at the table he had already picked out.  It was a great night! 

Other important things September and fall bring are my precious niece, Reagan's birthday! She will be 1 on      10-3-10!  I cannot wait to share photos from her party and some of the special things I am helping make for her party!  I feel so honored to be able to help and I hope its everything she hopes for (aka her mommy hopes for :o)).  I can't believe how fast her first year has flown by.  I love you "little bit".  September is also Reagan's mommy and daddy's 4th anniversary!  Happy Anniversary Stephanie and Jeff!! I can't believe it's been 4 years.  It feels like just yesterday we were getting ready for the wedding! 

And I must admit I am excited about wearing flannel PJ's again, snuggling under a big cozy blanket, hot tea and hot chocolate, turtlenecks and sweaters, jeans, closed toe shoes so I don't have to paint my toenails every week, the heated seats in my car (when they choose to cooperate that is!), Sunday afternoon naps while Michael watches football all day, and the crackling of the fall leaves on the ground when you walk! 



Here are some photos of Briley around this time last year, she was almost 5 months old...

At one of Reagan's Baby Showers


We had just started eating cereal


Before "school" one morning


Before a Tennessee Game


At "school"


During another Tennessee Game


Relaxing after church



Now she is almost 17 months old...














My oh my how she has changed so much but at the same time is still the same! I love you big girl!  Thank you for bringing so much joy to our lives!  xoxo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment