Tuesday, September 7, 2010

1st Visit to the ER :o(

Well I was hoping we wouldn't have to do this so soon but Monday morning around 3:30am Briley woke up crying, when I went to get her she was burning up.  I was defiantly paniced and taken off guard.  The 1st time I tried taking her temp she freaked and screamed even louder and started throwing up clear mucusy stuff.  I got Michael up and he held her and calmed her down enough for me to get her temp...102.9! Holy Cow.  We defiantly felt like we needed to go to the ER since it was unlike her to run a fever that high or even get sick.  So we gave her some Tylenol and headed out the door.  Luckily we were the only patients so we were in and out very quickly.  They ran a strep and flu test, both were negative.  No ear infection.  No Hand Foot and Mouth.  Her throat was very red and she was very congested but other than that there was no other explanation.  I was relieved because I always think the worst in situations like that.  But I still felt so bad because it was one of those things that just needed to run its course which meant no relief right then.  So we came home and put her to bed.  She hasn't really eaten good since Saturday night.  She has taken a few good naps but was up most of the night last night.  I hate to see her in pain.  She is so weak but I think because her throat is so sore she just can't eat anything.  She really hasn't walked much either, she just wants to be held and because she is so weak she can't get very far without falling down and that only frustrates her.  I really hope she wakes up with no fever and a big appetite.  I Love you Briley and I hope you are feeling better very soon!  Here are a few photos from our ER visit...

Right after we got into our room.  Very worried at this point!



Tugging at her "braclet"
I'm so tired
This is the sadest face i've ever seen in my life.  My poor baby! :o(

About to leave.  Thank God it was nothing serious.  Michael told me I had to put a happy face on for Briley.  I was crying more than she was!

No comments:

Post a Comment