Monday, June 21, 2010

Briley's 1st Birthday!

Briley's 1st brithday was on Saturday April 17th.  We decided to use Pink and Green as our party decor since those have sort of been "our colors" since Briley was born.  I'm not sure what it is, but I LOVE them! We didn't have a theme this year because I am sure every year from here on out we will have some sort of themed birthday.  I would love to do a Lady Bug or Minnie Mouse party next year but we will see what Briley is into before we make that call!!

I wanted Briley's party to be very girly!  So we used lots of Bright colors and lots of polka dots to accent!  We kept the guest list to a minimum (25 people), only immediate family and close friends just because she really hasn't been around that many people at one time and I have read/heard many horror stories of kids melting down during their parties over things like that and because we had the party at my parents house and there wasn't alot of space!  I was also worried about her wanting to sleep through the party but she did just fine until the end!  I think everything turned out great, minus me running a little late but thats ok!  I am pretty much late for everything these days! :o)

It was important for me to put a personal touch on everything.  I made most of the decorations and food, with help from some family members.  I wanted to make her cake but I knew that would be way to much for me to handle.  I ended up waiting till the last minute to call a bakery, and most of them were booked so we ended up going with one we had never used before but it turned out to be delicious and different!
Here are some photos from the big day! Enjoy!



Nanny wheeling me around the party!




Not easy to keep her still these days...








Birthday Hat!


 
Balloons!


 


 

One of the mantels...I framed pictures of each month of Briley's life so everyone could see how she had grown!


Birthday banner I made!


Topiary trees I made!


Treat bags we made for everyone who came...this was a last minute thing but I couldn't resist the pink and green baggies!


                                      
Centerpieces I made! 



 Food table with Briley's initial in the middle


Yummy!


Punch I made...it tasted great, only I should have put it in a regular punch bowl! It was too thick for this container!


 Pink and Green Everything!!!


 Cake Table!


SMASH CAKE!





Opening gifts!








Cake Time!


Not so sure...






Tasty!



Ok...why is everyone staring at me!?


Playing with my cousin Reagan after the party!



2 comments:

  1. I may need a lesson in Topiary Tree making! They are SO cute! I saw them on a party planning website today and have another blog friend that made them for a baby shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no problem! I can show you how or I could make them for you, either way is fine by me. They are pretty easy just time consuming! Let me know!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete