Monday, June 14, 2010

Better Late Than Never!

So, I have decided to join the blogger ban-waggon, as I like to call it.  It seems like everyone I know has a blog about their interests, life, kids, hobbies, etc so I think I will start one too!  My blog will be about my sweet little family.  I will have to give a re-cap on everything before I can start with the present.   This blog will be a quick briefing on our first year, and what a crazy one it was!

"Our" life began on May 17, 2008 when I married my sweet husband Michael.  He is the love of my life and couldn't picture life without him. 



We honeymooned in Mexico, which was fabulous!



On August 4, 2008, we found out we were expecting our first little one!  We were completly shocked.  It took a few months for the news to even set it but we were very excited as we both LOVE children and knew we wanted a big family. 



This picture is about a month after we found out we were expecting.  Michael's mom and sister came up to help us with a yard sale and surprised us with a baby cake! It was the same flavor as our wedding cake, white chocolate! It was so sweet of them and we were all so excited!




This photo was right after our first doctor apt. - I was 8 weeks and we went to celebrate at Maggianos afterward!  Yummy!


Here we are at the doctor on November 19, 2008, the day we found out we were having a sweet baby girl!
I thought it was going to be a girl the whole time, I think Michael was just in shock but he quickly warmed up to the idea and now Briley is wrapped around his finger :o)



For Valentine's February 14, 2009, Michael scheduled a 3-D/4-D ultrasound of our baby girl.  I was 31 weeks at the time.  We decided to name our sweet baby Briley Anne Dodd.  Briley is my grandparents last name and my mom's maiden name.  It was actually Michael's idea to name her Briley and we think it suits her very well!  Ann is mine, my moms, my grandmothers, and great-grandmothers middle name so I felt we needed to keep it in the family.  However, I did change the spelling.  We spell ours Ann but Briley's is spelt Anne!



Briley Anne Dodd was born on April 15, 2009 at 6:19 p.m.  She was 20 inch long, 7lbs 5oz. 
This was the happiest day of our lives.  She truly is our little miracle and we love her more than life itself. 

Isn't that the sweetest thing you have ever laid eyes on?


Here are a few pictures we had done before going home from the hospital.  She did great for her 1st photo shoot!




May 8, 2009 - Michael and I went on our 1st date since having Briley - the day before Mother's Day


My 1st Mother's Day and what a sweet little gift I received just 3 weeks earlier!  May 9, 2009

3 Generations on Mother's Day!



There are lots of holiday's in May around our house...this was my birthday May 14, 2009
Getting ready to go eat! Just 4 weeks old!

Me and Michael at Mama Mia's! So Good!

April and Jimmy joined us too!




May 16, 2009 - About to go celebrate our 1st anniversary!  Michael's mom and sister came up to stay with Briley while we went out to celebrate.  I think I must have cried 3 times or so because I missed her so much but it was a great night.  We went to eat at Ruth's Chris, our favorite restarant and stayed at the Hyatt in Brentwood for some much needed sleep.  The next morning on our real anniversary, we went to brunch at Mere Bulles, which was fantastic!

May 17, 2009 - Little did we know one ago we would have a sweet baby girl!

This was Briley on May 18, 2009 - I was so excited because she had officially out grown all of her newborn clothes and was able to wear 0-3 months!  I always loved when she changed sizes because it was like she was getting a new wardrobe every few months!!


No comments:

Post a Comment