Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Music City Bowl

The hubby and I decided a long time ago, if TN went to a bowl game even remotely close we were going to go (this actually ended up being what I gave him for his b-day since his bday is in November) So it was exciting when they went to the Music City Bowl, 1) because Nashville is only 2 hours away and 2) because it's our "old" home.  We LOVE that place.  I miss so many things about it but I don't miss the traffic, having to work full-time and not getting to spend time with my sweet baby girl, or having a sick baby 24/7 because she is stuck in a daycare.  :o)


So we headed up around noon on the 30th and went to check on our house (we just had a deck put on so the tenants are loving that) and then it was time to head downtown to meet up with the guy we were buying our tickets from.  On a side note, it was like 50 degrees and here was my attire for the game, leggings, blue jeans, 2 pairs of socks, a long sleeve undershirt, a long sleeve t-shirt, a sweatshirt, a rain jacket, and a winter coat...oh and lets not forget the 2 pairs of gloves, hat, and scarf.  lol  Michael thought I was crazy and
I could barely move but I am so COLD natured!  I was still freezing even with all of that.  But anyway, we didn't park as close as I had hoped but thats ok.  Lord knows I need the exercise. lol  The game was fun minus the fact that we were sitting smack dab in the middle of the UNC fans and they were pretty obnoxious.


brrr...




So in the end, we thought they "had it in the bag" and we had dinner reservations at our favorite restaurant, Ruth's Chris so we ended up leaving a few minutes early.  If only we knew what was going on while we were gone.  We ended up jogging to the car and rushing to the restaurant so he could see the end.  Low and behold we were sitting next to half of the Tennessee Titans football team.  Michael seriously stopped breathing for a few minutes.  He was freaking out, lol.  His favorite player, Chris Johnson was sitting closest to us.  So we barely talked the entire night.  Michael just wanted to sit and stare and listen to what they were saying.  Sounds like fun, huh? lol, maybe for a guy but not for me.  It was fun seeing him so excited though! I've definitely never seen him like that before.  Michael was able to get his picture made with Chris so that completely made up for TN loosing!  I am so glad, because he probably would have been in a bad mood the rest of the night. lol


All in all it was a great time and Michael said it was the best Birthday present ever! Whoot Whoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment