Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Good News...


That is right...we will be welcoming our 2nd child into the world sometime at the beginning of September! We were probably just as shocked this time as we were the 1st time but still very excited!

We actually found out the week of Christmas, December 20th to be exact.  There were a few complications in the beginning so we tried not to let ourselves get too excited but everything turned out to be just fine! Thank You God!

My 1st doctor's visit was last Tuesday, the 18th.  I actually ended up being about a week and a half later than I thought, I should have been about 8 weeks and 5 days at the appointment but I was only 7 weeks 3 days going off of the gestational size of the baby.  We ended up being there for almost 3 hours which was a little nerve racking but it was totally worth seeing our little peanut and getting some Five Guys Burgers and Fries before heading home! So good! Baby Dodd's heartbeat was a strong 170 and he or she was measuring just perfectly! 

I am 8 weeks and 4 days today and the nausea is defiantly starting to kick in.  I have had a little here and there for a few weeks but the "real stuff" started Saturday morning and hasn't really stopped since.  Please say a prayer for me.  It is hard enough being pregnant and tired with a toddler but morning sickness on top of that pretty much makes me feel worthless. lol I pray that it doesn't last long :o)

So far, we think its a boy.  Just going off of the majority of our family members, most females (my mom, Michael's mom, Michael's aunt, and my grandmother) have had a girl then a boy. Plus I have 3 brothers and boys just run in my family.  Either way I will be equally excited...after having a scare in the beginning I just want a 100% healthy baby! We want 3 kids so if we don't get a boy this time around, maybe the 3rd times a charm ;o)!

Here is our sweet little baby's 1st photo!




Here is a photo from Christmas Eve...we told the family on Christmas just because we had to tell a few people! ;o) We wrapped Big Sister pajamas (very last minute) for Briley to unwrap...that didn't really work out as planned since she was not into unwrapping gifts this year so at my parents house my grandmother helped Briley open them and at Michael's house his mom opened them.  Only a few people got it at first but it quickly caught on.  I think everyone was pretty surprised.  We definatly got an array of reactions this time around (as we did with Briley, just different) and thats all I will say about that ;o) We had told Michael's dad and step mom a few days before when we celebrated Christmas with them (we didn't have the pajamas then, so we just told them).  I will say they get the award for being the most excited for both baby #1 and baby #2! Way to go mamaw and papaw!






No comments:

Post a Comment